WHAT WE ARE BUILDING
Our core technology is an open-source protocol that allows records of transactions to be easily stored and accessed. This shared network gives financial systems a shared language to communicate, reducing inefficiencies and unlocking more seamless financial flows.
WHO WE ARE
We are a highly international team headquartered in Amsterdam, with employees on three continents. We are motivated by five core values – Integrity, Freedom, Happiness, Knowledge and Creativity. These core values are at the heart of everything we do and help drive every decision we make.
We are looking for an experienced Blockchain Engineer to join the Protocol team.
• Contribute to a decentralized payment protocol built on the blockchain: Research, specify, implement, test, audit improvements and additions to the protocol
• Contribute to the future of the protocol by improving scalability through research on solutions such as Plasma and Tendermint
• Help the community developers to build on top of Request
• Participate in the choices of engineering methodologies, tools and organization
• Collaborate cross-functionally: developers, partners, community
• Keep yourself up-to-date with the rapidly evolving blockchain ecosystem and drive changes in the protocol and the team
• Work autonomously inside a high performing team
• Experience level: Mid-Level
• Solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, databases, distributed systems, operating systems, networking
• Understanding of API design (REST, RPC)
• Strong programming skills
• Good understanding of git and continuous integration tools
• Self-motivated, innovative, proactive and with integrity
• Ability to take responsibility for projects and the willingness to learn and grow professionally in a team environment
Bonus - this makes you stand out• Experience developing on top of Ethereum: development and deployment of smart contracts, understanding of blockchain tools such as web3js and truffle
• Experience with several blockchain platforms and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the blockchain architecture
• Knowledge of Python, C/C++, Go, concurrent programming, containerization, application/network/system security, test-driven development, cloud computing
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
WHY WORK WITH REQUEST ?
• Being on the frontier of this new and exciting technology, you will be given the chance to lead the way forward!
• You will have the opportunity to work in a highly ambitious team that wants to have a lasting impact on the way we experience finance tomorrow
• Work in an informal and friendly environment that is very open to new initiatives and ideas
• The team is inclusive, with inspirational and international colleagues that like to participate in team events
• Work in a multicultural office space
• Triple A location in Amsterdam. Can't get anything better then this; the best facilities available for a tech startup in the city centre.
• Unlimited vacation days with a mandatory minimum of 20/year.